Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Weekend Woes

Hola!

Wow, June, imagine that! The kids are SO counting down until summer. 7 and a half days left. My brain has been bouncing around like popcorn popping, but what is new, you ask… I’ll choose 2 things on my mind today/recently, then go to bed and start over tomorrow.

CARPET CLEANING. I love clean carpets! I am so happy this morning, after the ChemDry guys leave, with my freshly-raked carpets and instructions that “It will be dry in 3-4 hours.” I spend a few minutes just looking at the symmetrical formations, kind of soothing and therapeutic. Then I make a couple of phone calls.

I return to the glorious scene of my sparkling carpets, to find…BUBBLES. (What??!?) yes, bubbles in the living room carpet, like a groundhog has funneled under the rug, leaving a long, skinny bubble…and oh, look, there’s another one over there, and –yes, over there, too?? What have I done?!? By chalking ONE thing off my list, now I have added SIX. I must now call the Chem-Dry people to come back again, have a carpet stretcher come out and re-stretch this carpet…get chem-dry to pay me for it...the list goes on. I kick myself for trying to be in the spring-cleaning mode.

Well, this bubble thing has never happened to me before, but my friend tells me it is not uncommon and it has happened in her house before. The carpet absorbs all the moisture from the cleaner, and it gets “bulky,” or maybe a little “bigger” than it was before…it bubbles up. Relax, she says, when the carpet dries out it will go back to normal. I am holding my breath.

GAS PRICES RISING HOURLY. No, I’m not even kidding. It is like the Twilight Zone. Last Thursday evening, driving by my usual station, I see that gas is $4.09 for a gallon of premium unleaded. Friday morning I fill up at that station for $4.15 per gallon. I drive by the same intersection that evening again, and it is $4.25, and the NEXT morning? $4.31. I can't believe it. (Just for a tiny consolation: tonight I fill the other car, and it is back down to $4.25. Silver Linings to my clouds!)

There’s my brain-bouncing update. We’ve had some fun end-of-school-year activities…hopefully I can get the photos on the computer and share some soon.

Have a great week! Love, Kari

4 comments:

Kim said...

OK - I'll quit my constant whining about the $3.79 I just paid for our gas. Good grief! Love your new pic - PLEEEze tell me how to do pics.

Marilee said...

Well, our gas has stayed at an even 1.26.9 per litre for a week now. So we are paying over 5 bucks a gallon? Those little trips to fun places don't seem so important and little anymore.

I hope you update the carpet saga and we do need some pictures of your activities too. We all love pictures.

Kathi said...

I use chem dry all the time and love it! NEVER heard of the bubbles - kinda grossed me out! Now I don't want to clean them! (you have traumatized me...)

Kathi

Kathi said...

We're at about 3.70 - I like to stay home too....