Sunday, March 1, 2009

Teresa and Her Talents

Hi!

I finally got around to taking a picture of Teresa (6th grade) and her talents. She has been taking flute lessons this school year. Inspired by her aunt Kathi, she decided to try it out. And I like the fact that it is light-weight and easy to transport!

We need to figure out how to record a song and email it, like the Griffiths sent to us. Teresa really liked the piano/flute duet they emailed.

She asked the Primary leader, at church, if she could play a song in Singing Time. So a couple of weeks ago, after much practice, Teresa played "Nephi's Courage" as the opening song in Primary.

And hey, I just found 2 more things she made, so I'll include those, too! Earlier in the school year, she had 8 weeks of art. Her art teacher had them make realistic animal heads, from all kinds of materials. Her tiger was really cool, so her teacher put it up in the school hallway.











Look, his teeth are made of plastic forks from the lunch room:





The other was a clay project, depicting an aspect of Egyptian life. These are amulets of Ancient Egyptian Royalty.

These things took/take a lot of time and patience. Nice job, Teresa!

4 comments:

Kathi said...

I thought you had mentioned flute, but I wasn't sure who had started! Good Job Teresa! It's brought me many years of joy and will for her too! Digital recorder, Walmart $30. Have a great week!

Audrey said...

Teresa you amaze me! Keep up the great work on the flute. It is such a graceful, beautiful sounding instrument. And your art work is awesome. What a great idea to use forks for teeth. You are good!

Valerie said...

Teresa is very talented! Based on the tiger alone, I think she should be working on the costumes for the "Lion King" stage production! So creative! What great kids!

Gabriela said...

Yay Teresa! I'm going to show this post to Margarita right now. I always wanted to play the flute.

and what a great post-a great way to remember their projects. Think I'll be borrowing it! :)