Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Warm Temps, Fireworks, Musical Treat

Hello and Happy July!

SUMMER WEATHER.  We turned the calendar page, and it's warm outside, and sometimes muggy!  I think that means it's officially summer.

We ordered new Cutco knives from Teresa -- in her "fast start" period (first 10 days), she had 13 appointments and sold roughly $2800 worth of knives.  It was a good beginning, and showed her the process.  It remains to be seen if she wants to continue for the whole summer.

you remember Teresa...the graduate :)

The knives came in today, so now we get to officially use them!

School got out, and Kara uttered some wonderful words: "I have so much TIME!  Can I make some meals?"

Kara is cutting up zucchini right now, as I type this.  Zucchini fries are on the menu for this evening.

4TH of JULY in BOSTON.  We got to see 2 fireworks shows, one on the 3rd, and one on the 4th of July.  On the 4th, we went downtown to Boston.  Always a treat!  The weather cooperated completely, and the show went off without a hitch.  The Boston Pops Orchestra puts on a show before the fireworks.  Wonderful music, wonderful show.

Frank looked it up and the biggest fireworks displays in the country are:

1) New York City
2) Washington D.C. and
3) Boston

So, we just watched the 3rd largest fireworks display in the U.S.!

YOUTH CONFERENCE.  Otherwise, we're getting ready for Youth Conference (with the church group, ages 14-18), on Thursday.  Frank and I are chaperones.  We will ride buses with kids to New York.  We get to see the Hill Cumorah pageant, and some of the church history sites in the area.  We'll stay in college dorms Thursday and Friday nights.  Should be an adventure! :)

Oh, and we got a real treat last night:

MORMON TABERNACLE CHOIR.
We got to see them in concert, on the last night of their 2-week Atlantic Coast tour!  I think I've only seen them one time, in a live concert.

So that was our weekend!  Hopefully you had some good weather too.

Love, Kari

0 comments: