Sunday, October 23, 2016

Wet Leaves and Listening to Books

Hello, All--

It's been a week of sunny weather, clouds, downpour, clouds, and now sunshine again!

SCOUTING. Frank took the scouts on a campout, Friday/Saturday.  (Do you want to GUESS which part of the weather hit during the campout??)

Yes, they camped in tents, during the only 24-hour period of the week that gave us over an inch of rain. Ugh! He planned for it, and told the scouts about what they could do to prep for rain. "At least" the temperatures stayed above freezing! Freezing temps would have been ultra-miserable.

During their overnight rainstorm, the temperatures stayed in the 60's. Still soggy wet, but not FREEZING wet. Tolerable. This is camping in New England.

DRIVING THE VAN. Kara has enjoyed the freedom, I believe, of being able to drive all by herself, to seminary and school, on small errands and to soccer practice. She would probably love to drive a vehicle "cooler" than the minivan. But the 14-year-old blue minivan is what we have for her. 130,000 miles so far :) :) :)

FALL COLORS. Leaves are beautiful around town! Here are a couple of pics I took a few days ago.

(Also the header -- photo at the top of the blog -- that yellow-leaf tree is next to a church, a couple of miles from our house.) After this weekend's heavy rains and wind, many trees are showing bare limbs.


BOOKS ON CD. I love libraries. I think Benjamin Franklin was a genius for thinking them up! If you are looking for books to listen to as you drive around...this month I listened to:
1) Secrets of a Charmed Life by Susan Meissner,
2) The Pecan Man by Cassie Dandridge Selleck, and
3) The All-Girl Filling Station's Last Reunion by Fannie Flagg

Hope your week has gone well!
Kari

0 comments: