Thursday, February 14, 2008

Fruits of Our Labor

I don’t think I mentioned that for the last couple of months, the girls and I have been working on an Elementary School Talent Show act. Background: Last summer, Kara, Teresa and I made up dance moves to an 80’s song, “Eye of the Tiger.” Just in the backyard, with some aerobics-style moves and cartwheels and handstands. It was fun.

Then, this past December, we received the school flier announcing the annual Talent Show coming up. We decided to do the dance, and the girls asked a few friends to join us. We ended up with 6 girls. Here is their order in stage picture, L to R: Amanda (4th grade), Lindsey (2nd), Kara (2nd), Lizzie (1st), Sam (2nd), and Teresa (5th).


I had a friend shorten the song with his sound equipment, to meet the time requirement. A couple times a week for the past few weeks, we have been practicing. I also found some fun tiger shirts online, so the girls could match.

Last week, after quite a few home unofficial practices, multiple after-school official practices, and 2 afternoons of dress rehearsals…(whew, can you tell this was a little more time consuming than I anticipated in the beginning…?) The girls got to perform 3 times: 2 school assemblies first thing in the morning, and one evening performance for the parents.

They did such a good job! I think they had a great time. Here are some pictures. I was going to include the video clip, but it’s 153 MG and the limit is 100 on the blog. Maybe the grandparents will get a DVD of it, but for now? Photos!

5 comments:

Audrey said...

Oh they were so darling! Thank you for letting Amanda & Liz participate! They really had such a blast and are already talking about what they are going to do in the show next year. "But," I remind them, "the Whitesells are moving."

Susan, Susie, Suz said...

Kari is so cool. She gives tigers to girls that were happy just to be included in a great performance!

Kari's Got Talent!

Kari said...

(You guys are so nice! This is how I choose my friends...people who make me feel good! tee-hee!:) )

Marilee said...

oh no, no video? The pictures are so cute so that makes up for it. Tiger shirts, stuffed toys, those girls will never forget Mrs. and Sister Whitesell.

Kathi said...

What a great idea for a performance! I really like that song - if you play it while doing housework, you go faster. I half expected to see you WITH them in the performance, Kari....