Hi and Happy New Year!
Well it has definitely been a week! Kind of reminds me of summer. I just love not having to get up early to pack lunches and rush everybody out the door! Interesting how the time flies right by, whether the kids are in school or not.
Highlights for the week include watching the Michigan game and (gasp) they WON!!!!!! Yes!
We went to the Peterson’s house since we don’t have cable…and often when we make the effort to get to a house to watch the U of M play in a bowl game, they do not emerge victorious. (Frank is then crabby the rest of the afternoon…) I think they may have won in spite of themselves, this time: 4 turnovers, how embarrassing.
But, the final score warrants an imported picture of the big block “M.” Go, U of M!
We also met up with Kathi and her gang to go to Medieval Times for dinner. (They drove ALL day, then watched the knights battle each other in the arena.) Pretty impressive jousting and horsemanship—we hadn’t been before, and it was very fun. Best of all was spending the time with the Griffiths, as we ate chicken and baked potatoes with our fingers (eeewww...).
Friday, David and I received an education about the FoodShare program they have in Ventura County. He and I spent the afternoon filling orders for groups of individuals in need of food. It’s kind of like the Bishop’s Storehouse they have for our church.
We put sacks of potatoes, cans of green beans and applesauce, and crates of oranges onto palates for them to load onto trucks and
deliver to people in our county. Then we sorted a monstrous vat of oranges, weeding out the bad ones and storing the good ones. For David’s Boy Scout “Citizenship in the Community” merit badge, he needed to research a local charity organization and serve a number of hours with them. We will probably go 2 or 3 more times to fill the time requirement.
Well, the first 5 days of 2008 have officially flown by. Hope you remember some of it! Have a great week, love, Kari
Happy New Year 2023
3 years ago
6 comments:
I signed in again - I'll write down the password this time!
Glad you are surviving 2008! Fun thing to do for that Merit badge - I think we did a blood drive or 2 for Brent, and a homeless teen shelter for Craig. Talk at you later! Kathi
sounds like a great start to a new year! Football, jousting, Bisphop's storehouse and merit badges. Wow!
(visit my blog to figure out who this is)
Great idea for a merit badge. Scouting is not huge thing here, not sure if I like that or not. You know the love hate thing. I don't miss making school lunches either.
Scouting's so fun, fun, fun! We just are getting started w/ the 11-year-old scout program - we have a great leader. Klondike's in February - makes me cold thinking about it!
Kim
Hey-I totally went to Medieval Times my sophmore year! Yay choir/band trips! Glad you enjoyed it-especially all that messy food(: have a great week! I start school Wednesday....
Post a Comment